As an expert in certifications/licensing, virtual teams and business strategy, Tina is available to speak on the following topics. She is also available to tailor training for private groups and masterminds.
>> Email email@example.com for details <<
Expanding your Brand with Certification and Licensing
Certifications and licensing programs are a hot business model these days – and for good reason. It’s one of the best ways to build upon your hard-earned expertise and create a leveraged offering that allows you to serve more people without adding more. In this session we are going to dive into:
- The difference between certification and licensing, and how to know which one is best for you
- 3 signs that it’s time to create a certification program
- How to navigate the risks of certifying folks (what if they don’t represent your brand well?)
- The biggest mistakes folks make when offering a certification (and how to avoid them!)
- How to get started with creating your own certification or licensing program
Finding & Hiring Top Performers
Can I keep it real with you? There are LOTS of people out there you can hire to support you in your business – VAs, OBMs, marketers, tech folks, sales, etc. – but not all of them are going to be top performers. Hiring a top performer is the difference between having someone who helps you grow the business vs. having someone who waits to be told what to do (and just creates more work for you). In this session I’m going to share with you
- the 5 characteristics of a top performer,
- what results they can create for you
- how to identify whether they are – or aren’t! – a top performer during the interview process
- leading a top performer (so they want to stay with you long term)
Rethinking Impostor Syndrome
Millions of people — CEOs and business owners, first year college students and PhDs, artists and programmers — secretly worry they’re not as smart or talented as other people “think” they are. It’s called the impostor syndrome and it impacts both individuals and their organization. In this interactive session you will:
- Understand what impostor syndrome is – and what it is not
- Discover the sources of impostor feelings
- Understand how impostor syndrome intersects with diversity and inclusion – and why it matters
- Identify your personal “Competence Type”
- Understand the individual and organizational costs of impostor syndrome
- Leave with practical, immediately usable tools to help yourself and/or those you manage, mentor, or parent to address impostor syndrome
After starting her own coaching business in 2000, Tina Forsyth quickly came to see the need to partner visionaries with high-level support. With her natural ability to bring both strategy and implementation to the table, she began working with 6 to 7-figure leaders within the coaching industry to help manage and grow their businesses, and thus, the role of the Online Business Manager (OBM) was born.
Tina is a pioneer in the world of online business – having founded the International Association of Online Business Managers in 2009, the home of the Certified OBM® Training. In the 14 years since its inception, the OBM industry has become established as a key role on the team of fast-growing online and virtually based businesses.
Tina is passionate about helping powerful women who are here to make a difference and specializes in helping her clients create certification and licensing programs to expand their brands. Her clients are high achievers who don’t just want a thriving business – they want to be leaders in their industry and are here to leave a mark on this world.
Tina Forsyth is a coach and trainer for high-achievers who want to be leaders in their industry, and is also the founder of the International Association of Online Business Managers — the home of the Certified OBM® Training.
Available upon request
>> For more info and to book Tina to speak email firstname.lastname@example.org