Interested in Creating a Certification program? Great!
The Certification & Licensing model has been the backbone of my business success for over 10 years now. First with the creation of my Certified OBM® Training in 2009, which has successfully launched the businesses of hundreds of OBMs. And now with my Licensed Certified OBM Trainers, who sell the training directly to their clients and send me royalties with each sale.
Not only have these programs brought millions of dollars of revenue to my company over the years – and created 10X that for all those who have become certified! – they’ve allowed me to create a long-term, recurring income stream that requires just a few hours of my time each month to maintain.
Oooo yea baby! Pretty dreamy yes?
Now don’t get me wrong – this didn’t happen overnight! It was a bit of a bumpy ride along the way… especially in the beginning.
There were so few people offering certification programs at the time that I didn’t have anyone to help guide me. It took many years of trial and error – making (costly) mistakes along the way – before I found my groove and things started clicking.
As my business grew people starting asking me for help in creating their own certification and licensing programs… and the Certification Accelerator was born.
In the Certification Accelerator we work together to take your certification from concept to ‘ready to sell’ in 6 weeks.
With your Certification program in place you can quickly add another $20K – $40K/month to your bottom line…
And you set the stage for exponential recurring revenue – that goes up year after year – through things like annual renewals, royalties, mentorship and more.
Creating a Certification is one of the best ways to leverage the Intellectual Property (IP) you’ve already created in your business – your hard-earned knowledge and expertise.
People are HUNGRY for trusted models that they can use to fast-track their own success. Instead of having to come up with their own stuff and create it all from scratch, they are craving a proven process that they can implement NOW so they don’t have to keep messing around (this is especially true in today’s economic climate where so many are looking to start/expand their business!)
When you package your IP into a Certification program that allows your clients to create quick, measurable success, it opens the door for ongoing growth on both sides – for you and your clients!
You also get to charge premium prices – usually 3-4x more than you would for a ‘regular’ training program or other services – because you are giving them a proven model for success. By allowing them to ‘follow directly in your footsteps’ you are saving them months (maybe even years) of having to figure it all out on their own before.
This is also the reason why Certification programs are an ‘easy sell’ compared to other programs. You will be delighted to find how much easier it is to sell a ‘plug and play’ model that essentially guarantees their success, compared to selling training and/or coaching programs that have SO much competition these days.
Once established, your Certification program can be highly automated, requiring minimal time & effort on your part to deliver… a true work less & make more model!
As much as I love Certification programs, I want you to be aware… they need to be set up correctly from day one or you might get yourself in trouble.
This is NOT like other models where you can just ‘make it up as you go’ or dip a toe in the water and see what happens – your IP and reputation are at stake!
If you are not purposeful with how you design and offer your Certification from day one, you can end up making a giant mess of things. (I’ve seen people essentially lose their IP over poorly run programs… with no recourse and no way to get it back, yipes!)
Before you make your first sale, we want to consider all aspects of your Certification program, including:
- WHAT to include – and NOT include – in your certification. What aspects of your IP are you going to be giving them and what are they allowed to do with it?
- WHO is your ideal student and why would they want to be certified by you? There are 3 key elements to a successful Certification offer (if you don’t include these it will be a tough sell!)
- The RISKS of Certification – what to know and how to protect yourself (if you aren’t careful you could end up with a big ‘ole mess on your hands…)
- The DIFFERENCE between licensing and certification – how to know when to do one, the other or BOTH.
- How to determine the best PRICE for your program – finding that ‘sweet spot price’ that provides great value to your students while adding at least $20K – $40K to your bottom line
- Setting the stage for your UPSELL into ongoing coaching and/or mentoring programs once they are certified (so much more money to be made here as well!)
- How to structure the CURRICULUM of your program to allow your students to implement quickly and create measurable success
- The best TIMELINE for your program – should it be 90 days long? 6 months? A year? There are different options depending on your overall goals.
- How to setup your Certification to be 100% AUTOMATED and delivered without you while still giving amazing value to your students
- 3 options for your Certification TESTING process and how to choose right evaluation criteria (so that you have full confidence that as your students are certified, the know what they are doing and won’t ruin your hard-earned reputation)
- Setting up for long-term SUCCESS for both you and your students post Certification. (What will have them happily continue to invest with you for years to come?)
- The key to a successful SALES conversion that will lead people to a quick YES! (there is a different flavor to selling Certification programs that makes them an easier sell… )
- Why you MUST have LEGAL AGREEMENTS in place and what specifically to include to ensure you are protecting your IP and your business.
- How to protect your program and business via TRADEMARKS and other measures.
As we work together to answer these questions and lay out your program, you have set the stage for a long-term, sustainable offering that will serve you (and your clients!) for years to come.
Imagine having a program that is ridiculously easy to sell…
That has your clients creating quick success & singing your praises…
That allows you to bring in an extra $20K, $40K or more each month…
That sets the stage for recurring revenue – year after year…
And that doesn’t require a bunch of your time & energy to deliver…
That’s what we are creating together in the Certification Accelerator.