Curious How I Created The Certification Training Program that Has Been the Backbone of My Business Since 2009?
No Need to Wonder Cause I’m Spilling the Beans and Giving you the Goods in this Specialized Step-by-Step Training
I receive emails like this a few times a week.
“Tina – I’m looking to create a certification program like you did with Certified OBM® and I’m wondering if I can ask you a question about X”
I’ve been happy to answer questions along the way but the thing is that I knew I wasn’t really helping that much… simply because there is SO MUCH to know about the Certification model!
For a few years I’ve was mulling the idea of doing a training program to help YOU create your certification or licensing program but the timing just wasn’t right. Now it is.
I started my first Certification training in 2009 – The Online Business Manager Certification & Training program – and it remains the backbone of that entire division of our company. It is the main program that we sell and it leads to our high-end Mentorship and coaching programs.
And having lead this program now for 8 years I can say with full confidence that we have nailed it… it’s a solid program that continues to serve both our clients and us at a very high level.
But it wasn’t always that way.
I will admit…
In the beginning I was just “making it up as I went” and had to learn some things the hard way.
Because of this I certainly missed the boat on some key opportunities along the way (and quite honestly made less money as a result of that.)
I don’t want you to make the same mistakes I did.
Which is why I created a training exclusively for those who want to create a certification or licensing program (or who already have one and are struggling!)
I am mapping out the steps A to Z so that you can follow along to create your own certification. I will talk through how to make key decisions so that you create a program that serves both you and your clients (vs. one that screws you over down the road – which I know is blunt but I’ve seen it happen.)
So let’s break down the journey we’ll be taking together:
Session #1: Certification/Licensing Business Models & Pricing
So what exactly do you include – or not – in your program? What are the various elements that you need to consider? This first session is all about deciding on the business model and elements of your program.
- First, why do YOU want to create a certification? It starts with knowing what’s in it for YOU so that you build your program to match <– This is an area that I did NOT consider when I created my first Certification program and I later regretted it
- Second, what’s in it for THEM. Who do you want to sell this Certification program to and why would they want it? Important to consider 3 key elements here as you develop your program to really suit what they need.
- The risks of Certification – what to know and how to prepare for them.
- The different between licensing and certification – and how to know when to do one, the other or BOTH.
- How to determine the best price for your Certification Program using the opportunity pricing model.
- The distinction of giving them skillset vs. business building guidance – how much do you include upfront or in a later program?
Session # 2: Structuring your Program
Now that you know what you are creating let’s lay out the structure of the training.
- How to structure the curriculum of your program to deliver the training in a way that is quick and consumable.
- How to run your live training sessions – be it virtual, face-to-face or a mix of both.
- The best timeline for your program the first time around – and how to adjust it for future sessions.
- How to setup your Program to be 100% automated and delivered without you while still giving amazing value to your students <– I will show you EXACTLY how we do this ourselves so that it doesn’t take any more of my time to deliver our training
- What technology to use for live programs, automated programs and the back-end student resource center.
- How to easily create your Licensee Workbook & Binder – including handouts, resources, checklists and other materials that your students will get as part of their training with you.
Session # 3: The Certification Process
Folks are trained, now the question is… how will they become Certified? What is the best strategy and process to test their knowledge and know that they are ready to go out and “do the work”.
- The 3 ways to structure your Certification testing and how to choose the best one for your program and needs.
- How to structure the Certification and grading criteria for your program.
- Enrolling the help of volunteers to support the Certification process A to Z.
- How to prepare your students for Certification and support them throughout so that they achieve a positive outcome.
- Creating an online profile, graphics and other resources for your students to use once they are Certified. <– Including a VERY important piece you need to add here that many people don’t consider
- Setting up for long-term success for both you and your students post Certification. (What is going to keep them coming back for more?)
Session # 4: Enrollment, Sales & Agreements
Now that you have created your Certification Program it’s time to start selling your training and enrolling students.
- I will give you my step-by-step enrollment process that we have tweaked and tested for 5 years now.
- How to use an application process to filter the *right* leads and weed out the tire kickers.
- The key to successful sales conversions that will lead people to YES! when it comes to wanting your Certification program. <– There is one thing to remember here that can make a world of difference.
- Why you MUST have legal agreements in place, both for training & certification. We are going to talk about the elements to include in these legal agreements.
- How to protect your program and business via trademarks and other measures.
K, I’m bursting at the seams as I look at this outline… simply because I would have LOVED to have had this back when I started my first Certification years ago. And because I know we are going to have so much fun together working on yours.
** There is a pre-requisite for this Training **
You need to come into this training with your own clearly defined, proven proprietary system that you want to base your Certification Program on.
This means that:
- You have your own proprietary system, program or training – it is something that you created and is 100% yours to do with what you like.NOTE: You don’t have to have every step laid out in detail – you can work on that as part of this training. But you do need to have a clear idea and general outline of what you would be teaching.
- It is a proven system – you have been using it yourself in your own business and have worked with your clients to prove that it works.
If you don’t have these 2 things in place this isn’t the program for you YET (as shared in this video I did recently)… you first need to focus on building your own business with your proprietary system and then you will be ready to train others to do the same. Makes sense right?
Sound good? Just register below and you are set. 🙂
Create Your Certification Training
The specialized instant-access program consists of Four
75-minute training sessions, delivered by Business
Leverage Expert Tina Forsyth. As soon as you register
you get all the goodies and can watch them on YOUR
timeline. <– woo hoo!
There are two options to join us:
Option #1 – “Do it Yourself”
Accelerated Training Workshop
If you are someone who loves getting a step-by-step system and can “take it and run” then this is the option for you.
This option includes:
4 ONLINE Training Sessions where Tina will take you step-by-step through the process of creating your certification
SIMPLE Get it Done Assignments from each session with specific steps to take for you to apply what you are learning to your biz RIGHT NOW!
Easy to follow WORKSHEETS & CHECKLISTS with each session for quick reference as you dive into the work.
LIFETIME Access to all materials and recordings, for future reference in case you miss a session or want to review the training. (Your access doesn’t expire, that ain’t our style!)
You can make one payment of just $997 USD
Or pay in 3 installments of
$400.00 USD monthly
VIP Option #2 – “I’ll Do it With You”
Training + 1-1 Fasttrack Strategy Session & Support
If you want some 1-1 support to guide you through this journey and answer your specific questions then this is the option for you.
The VIP Option includes:
Everything in Option 1 PLUS
Program ASSESSMENT & Analysis – an assessment of your ideas and plan for the program you are creating
One 90 minute STRATEGY & PLANNING session with Tina Forsyth where I will assess your program, confirm your best certification structure and help you layout your plan to get there.
An additional 30 minute call with Tina Forsyth where you can ask any lingering questions or get feedback you build out your certification (to be used within 90 days of purchase)
You can make one payment of just $2997 USD
Or pay in 2 installments of
$1550.00 USD monthly
Rest easy – your order will be processed on our secure servers
My ‘Swear On My Laptop’ Promise to You…
As a service provider who has been around the block awhile, you’ll want to know that my goal is your absolute satisfaction. Put simply, if you aren’t happy then I’m not happy.
You may request a refund within fifteen (15) days of your purchase or at the end of the first day of live training, whichever comes first.
If within this time frame you discover it is not for you… let me know and I’ll cheerfully refund whatever portion (or full amount) you’ve paid. I swear on my laptop…
So, are you ready to make some great money doing what you LOVE?
Register above, and I’ll see you on the flip side.
Speaker and Next-Level Leadership Coach
3x author including the upcoming book Hire Up
Founder of the International Association of Online Business Managers and Creator of Certified OBM ®
P.S. Questions? Give us a call – we can be reached at 1 (877) 576-2229. Or pop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.