After starting her coaching business in 2000, Tina Forsyth quickly came to see the need to partner visionaries with high-level support. With her natural ability to bring both strategy and implementation to the table, Tina began working with 6 to 7-figure leaders within the coaching industry to help manage and grow their businesses, and thus, the role of the Online Business Manager (OBM) was born.
As the demand for high-level support continued to rise, she shifted her focus from being the OBM to training OBMs and founded the International Association of Online Business Managers in 2008 — the home of the Certified OBM® Training. In the 12+ years since its inception, the OBM industry has become established as a key role on the team of fast-growing online and virtually based businesses. .
Tina continues to work with visionaries and business leaders to align their business with their calling, and to help them hire and lead top performers to take their business to the next level.
If you are a linear thinker like me, here are some of my stats. I’ve been working online now since 1999 and in that time I’ve:
- Worked as an Online Business Manager for various 6 and 7-figure businesses
- Coached hundreds of entrepreneurs – coaches, consultants, authors, speakers, trainers and the like – in setting up leveraged revenue streams, key business systems and the right team to support their growth.
- Co-authored Pink Spoon Marketing and Money, Meaning & Beyond, both with Andrea J. Lee
- Co-founded the Multiple Streams Team in 2005, a full service agency that matched business owners with virtual assistance.
- Co-founded the Hot Skills VA Training program in 2007 providing cutting edge training to virtual assistants in the skills that business owners need.
- Wrote and released the book Becoming an Online Business Manager: Playing a Bigger Game with your Clients and Yourself in 2008 (tenth anniversary edition released in 2018).
- Founded the International Association of Online Business Managers and the Online Business Manager Training & Certification program in 2009.
- Wrote the award winning book The Entrepreneur’s Trap: How to Stop Working Too Much, Take Back Your Time and Enjoy Life!
- Created the 30-Hour Workweek Training – to help people get the right systems, team and leveraged revenue streams in place so they stop working so darn hard and set up their business to run without them
- Created the 6-Figure Agency program for online service providers who are ready to break free from working 1-1 “doing it all themselves’ to building a team of trusted professionals that allows them to expand capacity, serve more clients & make more money
- Continues to provide various coaching & training programs to help online entrepreneurs take their business & teams to the next level
And given that I’m a creative kind of gal, there is always more to come… including my book Hire Up! coming in 2020.
The Inside Scoop:
Here’s a few things about my life that you won’t find in my bio.
- I’m a mom of 2 girls – Samantha age 13 and Lexi age 11. They are lively, smart and stubborn (just like their mama, ahem.)
- I’m Canadian, born and raised in Alberta – Yes, I’m polite and laid back but not afraid to kick-butt when needed (although you might not see it coming… )
- I read every single day – voraciously. A mix of fiction to relax my brain & biz/personal development books to stimulate it.
- I was almost an accountant – my first job after getting my biz degree in 1994 was an accounting clerk. I love numbers but after taking a tax class I knew it wasn’t for me (seriously, have you ever tried to read the tax code?)
- My first daughter was born at home – we had a natural home-birth with a midwife. Painful? Yes, but oh so worth it! And I got to do it my way (that whole stubborn thing)
- I play as hard as I work – I love my business but truth be told I love my free time just as much and have built my business to allow for evenings and weekends to be work free baby!
If you are interested in connecting and potentially working together, click here to learn more about options.