In exactly 2 weeks I will be in Banff leading the Call to Lead Retreat.
Every time I am preparing for something like this I’m reminded how inconvenient it is for both me and the attendees. How we have to make changes to plans, get help at home, etc.
Success is inconvenient and will always cost you in one (or more) of 3 ways:
If you want to achieve your goals you need to be willing to spend in any or all 3 of those categories.
You need to be willing to spend your TIME doing the work
You need to be willing to put in the ENERGY required to do it well
You need to be willing to invest the MONEY it takes to move your business forward
I’m a single mom. I live 2 hours away from the nearest airport. If I want to attend a mastermind or retreat it is inconvenient in many ways:
- I need to first find someone to be with my girls while I’m away (their dad now lives in another city so this is especially challenging)
- I need to spend the money on the event registration, flights & accommodation
- It takes me at least 2 hours to get to the airport from where I live
- Because I live in western Canada it usually takes me a full day to travel to my destination (especially if it’s on the east coast!)
- And yes, this whole process takes a lot of energy… I’m usually exhausted by the time I hit my destination
So why do it? Because it’s worth it. Every time I invest my time, energy or money I’m aware of the ROI ahead of time so that I can always feel like it is worth it. I always gain something to help me move forward in business & life.
When we aren’t willing to invest in one area it is going to have to come from another.
If you aren’t willing to invest time it is going to cost you more money.
If you aren’t willing to invest money it is going to cost you time & energy.
If you aren’t willing to invest anything you will stay where you are.
I talk to people all the time who aren’t willing to invest money in hiring the right team – which means they need to spend more of their time and energy to get the work done OR the work doesn’t get done at all.
On the flipside, when you are willing to invest money in the right team this means you get your time & money back <– this is personally the way I choose to live. (I pay my team well for this reason because it is SO worth it)
Think about what you believe will take you to your next level of success. What aspect of this is going to be inconvenient for you? Are you resisting it on some level? Are you clear on the ROI?
It will always be inconvenient but make sure it’s worth it.
What is currently inconvenient for you? Comment below.