Discover How to Setup Your Own Profitable Team-Based Business
“Creating a Profitable Team-Based Business”
From: Tina Forsyth, author of The Entrepreneur’s Trap
You do amazing work. Your clients love you.
But your business is no longer working for you.
- You are working 24/7 trying to get everything done, there is no light at the end of the tunnel and you have no idea how to change it.
- You started your business to do what you love, but your day is now so busy it’s hard to enjoy what you used to love.
- Your income is capped by the number of hours YOU are available to work – and you feel the frustration of being trapped at your current income level.
- Your spouse and/or kids are asking you why you are working so much and may even be begging you to turn off the computer or put down the phone so they can spend time with you. (Yep, been there too.)
- Even though you want to grow you can’t possibly take on one more client or project – if you try to cram one more thing in it might put you over the edge!
When you do great work for your clients it is inevitable – you will hit the bursting point.
The bursting point is when you want to continue to grow your service business but you simply can’t add one more thing to your already busy schedule or you just might burst!
I get it – I’ve been there myself and have helped hundreds of my clients through it as well.
If you allow yourself to stay at the bursting point too long not only will it exhaust you but you are literally turning away money from all those people who really want (and need!) what you have to offer.
The bursting point is actually an AMAZING opportunity for you to explore how you can serve more clients, make more money and NOT add more work to your already full plate! (In fact, once you get through the bursting point you may have a lot less work on your plate.)
So how do you get out of the bursting point?
First you need to decide if you REALLY want to grow – or do you want to find a more sane and stable way to continue your 1-1 service business?
There is no right or wrong answer here – it’s simply a choice that you need to make based on your current desires and goals. I’ve had clients decide to pull back a bit in their business and continue to serve clients 1-1 in a more empowered way with their current business model.
But if you KNOW you are ready to grow – and that now is the time – then you need to find the best LEVERAGED business model for who you are and where you want to go next in your business.
This isn’t about creating PASSIVE revenue (that rarely works for service professionals anyhow!) – it’s about creating LEVERAGED revenue that will allow you to serve MORE clients while working LESS hours.
I have to be honest… when I hear things like:
“Tina, I’ve decided that I want to create an info product”
“I’m tired of working 1 on 1 – it’s time for me to start a membership program”
“My coach told me I should stop doing the work for my clients and start a training program instead”
My heart breaks a little bit. It’s gotten to the point where I cringe when I hear this and I will talk my clients out of it more often than not. Why? These types of leveraged revenue streams are not for everyone.
In fact, I’ve seen brilliant people fall flat on their face when they’ve tried to switch from a 1-1 service model to a leveraged training, membership or group model.
Let me be real with you – as much as I love them, many of the leveraged business models can be REALLY tough to build.
Trainings, memberships, info products, live events and such… all of these require a powerful marketing engine that many find hard to master and that does NOT happen overnight (despite what ‘they’ may be telling you… believe me, I know!)
Not to mention your clients – what do people REALLY want to buy from you?
1-1 support will ALWAYS be in demand!
Clients are hungry for dedicated, personal support – be it coaching, strategy or ‘get-it-done’
services. And they are happy to pay well for it.
- They want to hire someone to build a website for them, not have to learn how to do it themselves
- They want someone to write & post their social media for them
- Write their copy
- Do their bookkeeping
- Manage their projects
- Create Facebook Ads
- Answer their Emails
- Run their webinars
- Manage their launches
- I could go on and on…
You name it – people want to hire someone to DO it for them.
But that doesn’t mean that YOU have to be the one to do the work.
Which is why I LOVE the team-based business model… by building a team of professionals you can continue to provide 1-1 service without having the do all the work yourself. (And in time you may do none of the world at all! Your team will take it over.)
This program is ideal for any service professional or freelancer who wants to continue to provide personal 1-1 service BUT doesn’t want to keep doing all the work themselves!
You might be a:
- virtual assistant
- online business manager
- social media expert
- graphic designer
- web designer
- techie professional
- customer concierger other software) expert
“Creating a Profitable Team-Based Business”
Instant Access Training with Tina Forsyth
Here is what you will learn in this training program:
Session 1 – Customizing Your Team-Based Business Model
- What a Team-Based Business is – and how to customize this model to suit your desires & goals.
- How a Team-Based Business makes money – what to expect at each stage of growth
- Your role in the business – you will need to shift from “doer” to leader of your own business (and how to be ready for that change!)
- What do clients really want? – why so many want to hire a team vs. individuals.
Session 2 – How to Structure your Service Offerings
- Getting clear on what are you going to offer to your clients – what expertise are you going to provide?
- Options for structuring your offerings – will you offer hourly work, retainers, packages or otherwise?
- How to price team-based offerings – so that you can pay your team well and still make a PROFIT in the business.
- How to pay your team – how you structure your offerings will determine how to pay your team!
Session 3 – Finding, Hiring & Training the Best Team
- Getting clear on who you need on your team – based on your offerings as well as key players that everyone needs
- The best people to hire for your team – it may not be who you think!
- Where to find your ideal team members – proven strategies for finding the best people out there
- How to train you team – a proven training method so that your team can provide top-notch work to your clients from day one
Session 4 – Day to Day Management of Projects & Team
- How to manage the flow of work – when you have a team of multiple people and multiple clients you NEED to have a strong system!
- Setting expectations and agreements – with your team members and your clients
- Your role as the leader of the company – what you need to do (and not do!) to support your team and clients
- How to handle challenges as they arise – with your team members and your clients
Pretty juicy stuff eh?
As much as I love the team-based business model I want to be real with you…
It’s easy to make a HUGE mess of a team-based business!
At face value it seems simple, all you need to do is find people who can do the work, hire them and have them start serving your clients. Right?
Not quite… you see, there are many aspects to creating and running a team-based business that you may not be aware of yet (or may find yourself struggling with now).
Here is a list of the questions you will need to answer for yourself on this journey:
- How do I know who I need to hire and where do I find them?
- When do I hire someone? Should I be hiring now or later? What if I hire now and don’t have enough clients to give them work?
- How much should I pay the people I hire? Do I pay them hourly? By retainer? By package?
- Is it OK to have contractors on my team or should I consider hiring employees?
- I hired someone to help and they can’t do what they promised they could do – and now my clients are upset with me, help!
- What kind of agreements do I need to have in place with my team members? What about with my clients?
- How do I structure my pricing so that the business makes money while still being able to pay my team?
- What is my role in all of this? I thought I would be working less but i’m actually working way more now.
- My reputation is at stake here – what if I hire someone to do the work and they can’t deliver at the level that I would?
- My clients only want to work with me – how can I make them happy and excited to work with my team instead?
I rode this roller-coaster myself back in 2005 with my partner Cindy Greenway when we started the Multiple Streams Team – a virtual support agency where we worked with coaches and other online entrepreneurs. Although we reached 6-figures in revenue rather quickly, it was a MAJOR headache to run and we had to learn some hard lessons on the way.
(We actually shut the business down in 2008 because it simply wasn’t worth it anymore).
If only I knew then what I know now…
I can assure you – it doesn’t have to be that hard. Not only did we learn ALOT in our own team-based business but I’ve since had the honor of supporting hundreds of other professionals in creating their own.
In the past 5 years I’ve discovered what works. What doesn’t work. And how to save you the expense and headache of doing it wrong (and believe me, when you do a team-based business wrong it can be costly in both money & reputation!)
This is big stuff y’all, and if you don’t go into this with your eyes-wide-open and truly ready to answer these questions then you are going to struggle. And that sucks – it doesn’t serve you or your clients! And it affects the professional services industry overall when business owners have a bad experience with a team-based business.
“My business was stuck at a certain income level and I couldn’t grow because I was stuck in the mode of “doing it all myself.” I knew I had to make some changes to hit the multi-six figure mark. I quickly realized that I also couldn’t take vacations or time off EVER because I didn’t have backup or someone to even answer emails while I was gone. And that’s when my decision to have a team based business came into being.
I knew that I was an amazing trainer, coach, consultant, online business manager, etc. but I needed some help in the form of a team. I hired a few team members and it did not work out. I had no clue what I was doing, how to manage the team, how to step into my role as CEO of my business… the list goes on and on! One day I got a call from Tiffany. It was a god send! I had taken training courses from Tina and Tiffany before (I am a Certified Online Business Manager) but I had no clue how to create a team based business (and not waste time by hiring the wrong people and not having the right processes in place).
I jumped at the chance to work with them and I can honestly say it has changed my life and my business. I no longer dread Monday mornings and I get great joy out of delegating to my amazing team. My business is now in it’s second year as a multi-six figure business, I’m able to help more clients, my team is awesome and growing, and I love what I do. I wouldn’t be where I am today without them. Thank you Tina and Tiffany from the bottom of my heart.”
– Sharon Broughton, Owner Sharon Broughton Team, www.sharonbroughtonteam.com
“After years of being in business I found my clients asking for more from me – they knew they needed help BUT they didn’t want to have to pay, nor manage, a bunch of people. This is how my team-based business was born. I won’t sugar coat it and say that having a team has been easy, because it hasn’t. I will say, however, that the journey has been worth it. Instead of being buried ‘in the work’ I can now focus on serving my clients at a higher level than I could ever do alone. It has given me the opportunity to take my business to a different level than would ever be possible as a solopreneur.
The bottom line is, I signed up to work with Tina because I was struggling to take my business to the next level and felt (and still feel) that if Tina could not help me make it happen, it could not be done. It’s getting done. And I’ve since realized that I never wanted to go back to being a solo VA. Honestly, I really do believe that leading a team and serving my clients at this higher level is part of my make up, “who I am”. I cannot imagine running my business any other way.”
~ Kristi Pavlik, Chief Visionary Officer, Adonai Business Solutions, LLC, www.adonai-llc.com
“When I found myself booked solid for four months in advance, regularly, and turning clients away I had mixed emotions—happy about my bank account balance, but sad for those who wanted to work with me and couldn’t or didn’t want to wait that long for service. I knew there had to be a way to retain that business. So I started building a team. Unfortunately, without any resources or peers to turn to for advice and guidance, it’s been an uphill battle. Working with Tina and Tiffany—people who have been there, done that—has helped me to shift my mindset in critical ways and learn the fundamental skills necessary for a healthy, profitable, growing, and happy team based business. Now I can help at least twice the number of writers achieve their goals and dreams, not to mention supporting my fellow editors by enabling them to do more of what they love. I’m still working through it all, but I know that moment where I experience my first huge breath of fresh air in years is just over the horizon, thanks to these pro ladies.”
~ Ally E. Machate, Bestselling Ghostwriter, Book Doctor, Publishing Consultant, www.allymachate.com
So, is this for you? I daresay yes if…
- You are turning clients away because you are full — you simply can’t say yes to anymore of the opportunities that are still coming your way… but you would like to!
- You have clients coming to you asking if you “can also do X” – and you don’t know how, but really want to be able to offer these services to clients!
- You are damn good at what you do and want to establish yourself as the expert you are, train others to do what you do, serve more clients (and ultimately make more money.)
- You are in the process of building a team-based business already and are struggling or stuck – things might be falling apart around you, or maybe you have simply plateaued and you want to learn how to take it to the next level.
Bottom line is, if you are going to do it then it’s worth doing right… this is not something to dabble in – there is too much at stake! – but if you know it’s for you then we are ready to give you all the tools, checklist, support and guidance you need to lift you up. 🙂
This program is all about doing it *right* – building a Team-Based Business that serves your CLIENTS, your TEAM and YOU at the highest level possible (vs. creating a nightmare that sucks the life out of you and could ruin your reputation, eek!)
Sound good? Just register below and you are set.
“Creating a Profitable Team-Based Business”
Created Exclusively for virtual service professionals, coaches and freelancers who have the *itch* to take their business to the next level…
There are two options to join us:
If you’re someone who loves getting a step-by-step system and can “take it and run” then this is the option for you.
The program consists of 4 webinar training session + 1 Bonus Recording. Tina Forsyth will be your lead trainer and host.
Remember, your complete training package includes:
You can make one payment of just $997 USD
VIP Option #2 – “I’ll Do it With You”
My ‘Swear On My Laptop’ Promise to You…
As a service provider who has been around the block awhile, you’ll want to know that my goal is your absolute satisfaction. Put simply, if you aren’t happy then I’m not happy.
You have up until 15 days after purchase to give it a go, and if you discover it is not for you… let me know and I’ll cheerfully refund whatever portion (or full amount) you’ve paid. I swear on my laptop…
So, are you ready to make some great money doing what you LOVE?
Register above, and I’ll see you on the flip side.
Tina Forsyth, Business Leverage Expert
Author of the award winning book The Entrepreneur’s Trap (available at Amazon and other online retailers)
Founder of the International Association of Online Business Managers
P.S. Questions? Give us a call – we can be reached at 1 (877) 576-2229. Or pop an email to email@example.com.
P.P.S. Wondering who the heck Tina Forsyth is? If we haven’t met before I would be asking the same thing… check out my bio here for the inside scoop on who I am and why I do what I do.