Hi, my name is Tina Forsyth and i’m an entreprenuer.
My official bio is below… but if you are like me and find those kind of boring here is what makes me tick.
It’s only been recently that i’ve been willing to claim that (little ole me, an entrepreneur? say what?) After all, my first job was as an accounts payable clerk, then an executive assistant, then a marketing coordinator – all of which were basically “secretary” type jobs. Not what most people would consider an entrepreneurial start.
However my journey has taken me from secretary to CEO of my own business. And given that i’ve been in business for over 10 years now and am happily in the 6-figure range I guess I have earned the right to take on the title. Even though at times I wasn’t sure.
I love business. Especially online based businesses (or the application of bricks & mortar biz online.) Since my first foray into the online world in 1999 (with a co. that went dot com bust) i’ve been working for myself – first as a contractor working for other biz owners (doing everything from recruiting to managing online businesses) and now as a business owner in my own right (where people work for me now, and yes that still feels a bit wierd at times.)
And the thing is, as much as I love having my own business it can be hard… really hard at times. I wouldn’t change a thing of course as it is ultimately very fulfilling, but at the same time I feel like people don’t share enough about what is *really* going on behind the scenes in their businesses. We talk alot about the “to-dos” of building a business – how to market, how to get clients, how to create products, how to build a team, etc.
What we don’t talk enough about is the other stuff – the personal stuff of being a business owner. Like what it feels like the day you realize that the people on your team are actually smarter than you in many ways (eek?) What do you do when you start to get bored with the things that are making you money (double eek?) Or better yet, when those things that were making you money aren’t anymore.
I believe that owning a business is the best personal growth journey that there is – i’ve heard other people say that many times and it certainly is for me. The good, the bad and the ugly… it all contributes to making us the best possible version of ourselves that we can be (even when it sucks.)
Hence the reason for this website, I want to share with you what goes on behind the scenes of my biz. Not just the “numbers” per se, but the inside stuff – what goes on in my head day-to-day, what challenges/obstacles are popping up for me and what I’m learning along the way. I have no real agenda here other than to share and be real, and if you get some value as a result of that then i’m simply tickled pink.
My Official Bio
Having worked online since 1999, Tina Forsyth is a ‘jill of all trades’ when it comes to creating leveraged revenue streams, establishing key systems and building virtual teams to help your business thrive. She is the author of ‘Becoming an Online Business Manager’, co-founder of the International Association of Online Business Managers and creator of the Certified OBM™ program – the only program of it’s kind to train high-end virtual managers. She is also the author of The Entrepreneur’s Trap (coming November 2012) and creator of the Automate Your Growth™ Formula where she teaches entrepreneurs her proven step-by-step process to set a strong foundation for business growth. As an entrepreneur and recovering control-freak, Tina is passionate about sharing her experience and helping other entrepreneurs setup the right systems, team and leveraged revenue streams that allow them to stop working so darn hard and have a business that can run without them. (woo hoo!)
If you are a linear thinker like me, here are some of my stats. I’ve been working online now since 1999 – over 10 years now – in that time I’ve:
- Worked as an Online Business Manager for various 6 and 7-figure businesses
- Coached hundreds of entrepreneurs – coaches, consultants, authors, speakers, trainers and the like – in setting up leveraged revenue streams, key business systems and the right team to support their growth.
- Co-authored Pink Spoon Marketing and Money, Meaning & Beyond, both with Andrea J. Lee
- Co-founded the Multiple Streams Team in 2005, a full service agency that matched business owners with virtual assistance (no longer active)
- Co-founded the Hot Skills VA Training program in 2007 providing cutting edge training to virtual assistants in the skills that business owners need.
- Wrote and released the book Becoming an Online Business Manager: Playing a Bigger Game with your Clients and Yourself in 2008.
- Founded the International Association of Online Business Managers and the Online Business Manager Training & Certification program in 2009.
- Created the THRIVE Hiring System™ as a simple tool for entrepreneurs to find the virtual support they need to create a thriving and sustainable business.
- Created the Automate Your Growth™ 90-Day Workshop – to help people get the right systems, team and leveraged revenue streams in place so they stop working so darn hard and set up their business to run without them.
- Author of The Entrepreneur’s Trap: How to Stop Working Too Much, Take Back Your Time and Enjoy Life! (coming November 2012)
Wow, I impressed myself there, LOL (On that note, when was the last time you listed out your accomplishments? It’s actually quite fun, I hadn’t done it in a while.)