My Official Bio
Having worked online since 1999, Tina Forsyth is a ‘jill of all trades’ when it comes to running and growing a profitable service based business. She is the author of the award winning book The Entrepreneur’s Trap (available on Amazon) and creator of the CEO Business School for Transformational Leaders where she teaches entrepreneurs her proven step-by-step process to set a strong foundation for business growth.
Tina also founded the International Association of Online Business Managers and is the creator of the Certified OBM™ Training– the only program of its kind to train high-end virtual managers. As an entrepreneur and recovering control-freak, Tina is passionate about sharing her experience and helping other entrepreneurs setup the right systems, team and leveraged revenue streams that allow them to stop working so darn hard and have a business that can run without them. (woo hoo!)
The Inside Scoop:
If you are anything like me you probably want to know the person behind the bio right? Yep, me too… here’s a few things about my life that you won’t find in my bio.
- I’m a single mom of 2 girls – Samantha age 9 and Lexi age 7. They are lively, smart and stubborn (just like their mama, ahem.)
- I divorced in 2013 after almost 12 years of marriage – an amicable split that allowed both me and my ex-spouse to live fully in the TRUTH of who we are.
- I’m Canadian, born and raised in Alberta – Yes, I’m polite and laid back, but I can kick-butt when I want to!
- I read every single day – voraciously. Mostly fiction but I do enjoy the occasional business book as well (so long as it’s not boring!)
- I was almost an accountant – my first job after getting my biz degree in 1994 was an accounts payable clerk. I love numbers but after taking a tax class I knew it wasn’t for me (seriously, have you ever tried to read the tax code?)
- My first daughter was born at home – we had a natural homebirth with a midwife. Painful? Yes, but I did it on my terms!
- I don’t really work that hard (shhh, don’t tell!) – I love my business but truth be told I love my free time more. You are more likely to find me outside my office than in. 😉
If you are a linear thinker like me, here are some of my stats. I’ve been working online now since 1999 – over 15 years now – in that time I’ve:
- Worked as an Online Business Manager for various 6 and 7-figure businesses
- Coached hundreds of entrepreneurs – coaches, consultants, authors, speakers, trainers and the like – in setting up leveraged revenue streams, key business systems and the right team to support their growth.
- Co-authored Pink Spoon Marketing and Money, Meaning & Beyond, both with Andrea J. Lee
- Co-founded the Multiple Streams Team in 2005, a full service agency that matched business owners with virtual assistance (no longer active)
- Co-founded the Hot Skills VA Training program in 2007 providing cutting edge training to virtual assistants in the skills that business owners need.
- Wrote and released the book Becoming an Online Business Manager: Playing a Bigger Game with your Clients and Yourself in 2008.
- Founded the International Association of Online Business Managers and the Online Business Manager Training & Certification program in 2009.
- Created the THRIVE Hiring System™ as a simple tool for entrepreneurs to find the virtual support they need to create a thriving and sustainable business.
- Created the CEO Business School – to help people get the right systems, team and leveraged revenue streams in place so they stop working so darn hard and set up their business to run without them.
- Author of award winning book The Entrepreneur’s Trap: How to Stop Working Too Much, Take Back Your Time and Enjoy Life!
Phew! Busy times indeed, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. 😉